Home Health Nurse Job Description
Home Health Nurses are responsible for the in-home care of patients, including administering medications and assisting with household tasks. Requirements for this role vary based on individual patient needs.
Job Description Sample
We are seeking a Home Health Nurse to assist patients with everyday care, including bathing, dressing, household chores, and errands. The ideal candidate for this role will be patient, empathetic and have the collaborative skills required to work with other healthcare professionals to ensure the health and well-being of the patient. They may need to administer medications and perform nursing duties, so applicable certification will be required for this role.
A Home Health Nurse earns between $41,000 and $98,000 per year. The median salary is $78,000 annually.
- Patience and compassion.
- Collaborative skills.
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assisting patients with daily activities including bathing and dressing.
- Observing and reporting on any health conditions and work with other healthcare professionals as per patient needs.
- Administering medication and continually monitor and assess patient’s condition.
- Make recommendations for improving the comfort of the patient.
- Nursing certification; Province-registered RN license (required).
- Communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Access to reliable transportation to visit multiple patients daily.
- Must be available for flexible hours.
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template
- Step 1: Replace the job duties and requirements based on information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Then post on a job board.
Top Job Boards
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..