Geologist Job Description Sample (+ Free Template)
A geologist is a scientist whose field of study is the earth, its history, resources, and behaviors, such as rock formations. They are considered true scientists and often have a masters or doctorate in the study of Geology.
Geologist Job Description Sample
Our firm is seeking an experienced geologist to join our team of research professionals. The ideal candidate should be an intelligent person with good attention to detail. Working with us, you will be asked to analyze relevant geological data, plan geology-related projects and/or programs and visit and study prospective sites for extractions and/or mining. You should also be proficient when it comes to data and geologic modeling and other technological tools.
The average geologist makes just under $59,000 per year, with salary ranging from $41,000 a year to $113,000 for more experienced geologists.
- An analytical mind that can deal with data and 3D models.
- Attention to detail.
- Good communication skills both oral and written.
- Strong team-player.
- Above-average organizational ability.
- Project management skills.
Geologist Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan geology-related projects.
- Coordinate research programs.
- Collect and analyze geological data.
- Determine composition of samples and specimens.
- Investigate and evaluate natural resource deposits.
- Ensure all projects are meeting environmental regulations.
- Consult on geology-related issues.
- Compose reports on findings from projects and programs.
- Experience in the geology field.
- Experience with geological techniques such as numerical modeling or boring.
- Knowledge of environmental regulations.
- Degree in Geology or Geoscience.
- Significant knowledge of ores, soil, minerals and other materials of the Earth.
Geologist Job Description Template
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template:
- Step 1: Replace the job title, job brief, duties and requirements, and optional work environment sections based on the information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double-check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Proofread the job description. Then post on a job board.
Job Description Format
Follow the format below when writing a job description.
For more information on writing a job description, visit this resource.
Top Job Boards
Consider posting a job description or job advertisement (referred to as a "job ad") on one of the following national job boards:
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..