Med Tech Job Description Sample
Medical Technicians are responsible for collecting, testing, analyzing and recording patient samples for medical examinations. They are considered part of the medical staff and can be found in emergency response teams, hospitals, private medical facilities, and any other environment where medical professionals are required to sample or test blood, DNA, and other specimens.
Job Description Sample
We are seeking a skilled Medical Technician who has a background in biology and chemistry. The candidate for this role must have in-depth knowledge of the medical equipment required to process patient samples. They will be required to analyze and report on samples to ensure that proper diagnosis is made. The ideal candidate will be organized, analytical and demonstrate advanced communication skills.
According to information obtained by the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the average U.S. salary for a Medical Technician can range from $36,000 to $94,000 per year. The nationwide median average salary is roughly $61,500, annually.
- Detail-oriented skills.
- Chemistry and Biology background.
- Analytical skills.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal).
- Safety guideline following skills.
- Direction taking skills.
- Ability to follow procedures repeatedly.
Duties & Responsibilities
Below are sample duties and responsibilities of a Medical Technician for your online job listing.
- Collect and examine blood, urine and tissue samples.
- Identify any abnormalities and prepare reports on findings.
- Maintain inventory for laboratory.
- Work with other medical professionals when abnormalities are detected, to determine diagnosis.
- Finalize reports and give to doctors, patients or researchers as needed.
- Ensure all equipment is clean and maintained to standard in order to avoid contamination of samples.
Below are sample requirements for a Medical Technician for your online job listing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Technology, Clinical Laboratory Science or equivalent (required).
- Medical Technician certificate (required).
- Strong communication and organizational skills for correspondence and patient record keeping.
- Advanced analytical and reporting skills.
- Previous experience working with medical devices relevant to this role.
Using Your Template
Follow these instructions to use your new job description template
- Step one: Fill out all details in your job description template using the provided sample on this page.
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your workplace. Be sure to speak with team members and managers to gauge what's required of the position.
- Step three: When the census of the team has agreed on the description of the work, add in a Equal Employment Opportunity statement to the bottom of your job description.
- Step four: Check with your legal department, management team, and other team members to ensure the job description looks correct before creating a job advertisement. Choose a job board that's specific to your needs.
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..