Instructional Assistant Job Description Sample (+ Free Template)
The instructional assistant is responsible for supporting teachers, instructors and other faculty with tasks related to classroom management. They are considered part of the educational staff and faculty within a grade school or university.
Instructional Assistant Job Description Sample
We are seeking an Instructional Assistant to work under the supervision of a teaching professional, to help with tasks relating to classroom management. This includes [but is not limited to] assessment, assistance with students who require extra help, behavioral support, and administrative tasks. The ideal candidate for this position will enjoy working with students in and be willing to support the teacher with any needs required to maximize educational objectives in the classroom.
Instructional Assistant Salary
An Instructional Assistant earns between $30,000 and $44,000 per year. The median salary is $18,000 annually. The average hourly pay ranges from $16.00 to $25.70.
Instructional Assistant Skills
- Organizational skills.
Instructional Assistant Duties & Responsibilities
- Role is solely responsible for providing support to teachers and faculty members to ensure maximized outcomes in the teaching environment.
- Duties include working with students who have learning challenges, mediating behavioral situations, completing administrative task for the educator and assisting with any duties necessary to keep the classroom environment safe and thriving.
- Flexibility and adaptability - duties change from day to day.
Instructional Assistant Requirements
- High School Diploma (required).
- Early Childhood Education certificate (preferred).
- CPR and First Aid (preferred).
- Criminal record and background check may be required.
- Ability to assess learning, behavioral and developmental needs.
Instructional Assistant Job Description Template
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template:
- Step 1: Replace the job title, job brief, duties and requirements, and optional work environment sections based on the information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double-check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Proofread the job description. Then post on a job board.
Job Description Format
Follow the format below when writing a job description.
For more information on writing a job description, visit this resource.
Top Job Boards
Consider posting a job description or job advertisement (referred to as a "job ad") on one of the following national job boards:
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..