House Manager Job Description Sample (+ Free Template)
A house manager is responsible for keeping things organized and running smoothly in a home. They are considered part of a private home operations staff and may sometimes oversee the care of children as well as the home.
House Manager Job Description Sample
We are seeking a House Manager to work in a private home. The ideal candidate will have advanced organizational and time management skills. Duties can vary day-to-day, but it is the expectation that the person in this position will keep the home in order by scheduling, running errands, coordinating travel, managing bill payments, overseeing home and car maintenance, as well as other duties that pertain to the smooth flow of the household, the employer and their family. Discretion and flexibility are crucial in this role.
House Manager Salary
A House Manager earns between $27,000 and $64,000 per year. The median salary is $55,000 annually.
House Manager Skills
- Advanced organizational skills.
- Strong communication.
House Manager Duties & Responsibilities
- Overseeing the smooth operations and flow of the household.
- Scheduling appointments, travel and managing personal and household calendars.
- Running errands – grocery shopping, car maintenance, etc.
- Household duties – light cleaning, laundry, pet care, food preparation.
House Manager Requirements
- Some experience is preferred.
- Strong organizational a time management skills.
- Responsible, efficient and discreet with personal matters.
- Reliable transportation.
- A willingness to be flexible with hours – some evenings and weekends required.
House Manager Job Description Template
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template:
- Step 1: Replace the job title, job brief, duties and requirements, and optional work environment sections based on the information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double-check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Proofread the job description. Then post on a job board.
Job Description Format
Follow the format below when writing a job description.
For more information on writing a job description, visit this resource.
Top Job Boards
Consider posting a job description or job advertisement (referred to as a "job ad") on one of the following national job boards:
Related Hiring ResourcesWarehouse Manager Job Description Sample
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..