Mail Carrier Job Description
Mail Carriers are responsible for delivering mail, packages and flyers to customers along set routes. In the U.S., Mail Carriers can work for FedEx, Amazon, UPS, and USPS (The United States Parcel Service).
Job Description Sample
We are seeking an enthusiastic individual to work as a mail carrier. This person will deliver letters and packages to our customers. The ideal candidate is physically fit and can withstand walking and standing for hours at a time. They will be tasked with sorting mail and carrying sacks, which can often be quite heavy, so strength and endurance are important. Consistency and accountability are key in this role.
A Mail Carrier earns between $17,000 and $51,000 per year. The median salary is $30,000 annually.
- Physically fit.
- Customer service.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Sorting mail at post office and organizing it for efficient delivery.
- Delivering mail and packages to customers along designated route.
- Obtaining signatures when required.
- Collecting outgoing mail along route to return to post office for distribution.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Possess valid driver’s license; including clean driving record for the past 3 years.
- Ability to accurately decipher text on mail a sort accordingly.
- Must pass physical abilities assessment and security screening.
- Able to carry up to 35 lbs.
- Willingness to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
Using Your Template
Follow these instructions to use your new job description template
- Step one: Fill out all details in your job description template using the provided sample on this page.
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your workplace. Be sure to speak with team members and managers to gauge what's required of the position.
- Step three: When the census of the team has agreed on the description of the work, add in a Equal Employment Opportunity statement to the bottom of your job description.
- Step four: Check with your legal department, management team, and other team members to ensure the job description looks correct before creating a job advertisement. Choose a job board that's specific to your needs.
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..