Life Coach Job Description Sample (+ Free Template)
A Life Coach is responsible for working with clients to aid in personal development and goal setting for growth. They are more frequently hired on a private basis from individuals who want personal, career, or athletic mental growth.
Life Coach Job Description Sample
We are seeking a Life Coach to work with clients to support career and personal growth. The ideal candidate will have some background in human psychology and experience working with clients in behavioral modification. They will be a great listener with strong communication skills. The candidate will have completed some education or certification in coaching or personal growth and development and will possess interpersonal skills such as empathy and compassion.
Life Coach Salary
A Life Coach earns between $25,000 and $57,000 per year. The median salary is $37,000 annually. Note: This profession comes with huge variances in salary expectations.
Life Coach Skills
- Motivational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Critical thinking.
Life Coach Duties & Responsibilities
- Working with client to determine personal and professional goals.
- Developing strategies and tasks to meet goals.
- Evaluating progress of client and providing regular assessments to them.
- Maintain thorough records of client interaction and progress.
- Creating regular action plans and addressing outcomes in each coaching session.
Life Coach Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology or equivalent preferred.
- Completion of life coach training program from recognized institution preferred.
- Adherence to professional industry standards and code of ethics.
- Excellent listening and communication skills.
- Ability to connect with and encourage clients.
Life Coach Job Description Template
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template:
- Step 1: Replace the job title, job brief, duties and requirements, and optional work environment sections based on the information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double-check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Proofread the job description. Then post on a job board.
Job Description Format
Follow the format below when writing a job description.
For more information on writing a job description, visit this resource.
Top Job Boards
Consider posting a job description or job advertisement (referred to as a "job ad") on one of the following national job boards:
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..