Microbiologist Job Description Sample (+ Free Template)
Microbiologists are biological scientists focused on studying microorganisms to understand how they operate. They are considered scientists and may hold a Ph.D. in their field.
Microbiologist Job Description Sample
We are seeking a microbiologist to research microorganisms and develop reports on their findings. The ideal candidate will have an educational background in Microbiology and exceptional analytical, research, and communication skills. They will be required to have a deep understanding of the field and will research and make recommendations on how microorganisms can be used in healthcare initiatives.
n entry-level Microbiologist earns between $34,000 and $47,000/year. Those with several years of education and experience earn in the range of $48,000 to $78,500 annually. National average is $51,000 per year.
- Strong research skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- In-depth knowledge of microbiology.
Microbiologist Duties & Responsibilities
- Research and observe microorganisms regularly.
- Keep research equipment and lab maintained according to standard protocol.
- Keep detailed records and reports of all findings within the laboratory; completes all final reports.
- Develop and maintain protocol documents.
- Ensure inventory is maintained for an effective research environment.
- Degree in chemistry or microbiology (required).
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar role (preferred).
- Experience supervising a team undergoing research and reporting initiatives.
- In-depth knowledge of microbiology work including lab testing, analysis, research methods and protocols.
- Constant willingness to stay knowledgeable about any new research in the field.
Microbiologist Job Description Template
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template:
- Step 1: Replace the job title, job brief, duties and requirements, and optional work environment sections based on the information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double-check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Proofread the job description. Then post on a job board.
Job Description Format
Follow the format below when writing a job description.
For more information on writing a job description, visit this resource.
Top Job Boards
Consider posting a job description or job advertisement (referred to as a "job ad") on one of the following national job boards:
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..