Mental Health Technician Job Description
Mental Health Technicians play a supporting role in caring for mentally ill or emotionally disturbed patients. They play a key role in monitoring and documenting the needs of patients in our care.
Job Description Sample
We are seeking a Mental Health Technician to assist in the care of our mentally ill patients. The candidate for this position will be working under the direction of doctors and psychiatrists to provide care, assistance patient assessment, documentation, record-keeping, and support. The ideal candidate will have interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
A Mental Health Technician earns between $23,000 and $67,000 per year. The median salary is $36,000 annually.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication.
- Compassion and empathy.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support doctors and psychiatrists with patient care.
- Coordinate mental health services for patients.
- Document and maintain records.
- Identify needs of patients.
- Escort patients to and from appointments and assessments.
- High school diploma; diploma relevant to the field preferred.
- Experience working with people who have mental illness or medical conditions would be beneficial.
- Strong organizational skills to ensure accurate patient record-keeping.
- Some experience with administration and patient support preferred.
Using This Mental Health Technician Job Description Template
In order to use your new mental health technician job description template, follow the instructions below.
- Step one: Copy and paste all sections into a new Word Document (Job Description Sample, Duties, Skills, and Requirements).
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your environment. Be sure that you meet with either executive staff members or team members to qualify what requirements need to be met.
- Step three: When posting your job online, be sure to include an average salary range as this can help to prevent applicants who don't meet your criteria. Salary ranges are provided in each template.
- Step four: Before posting your job, be sure to check with your team and ensure all descriptions, duties, and requirements are accurate. This will save you from potential miscommunications during the interview process.
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..