Videographer Job Description
A Videographer is an organized and creative individual who can collaborate with the creative team to put together content for clients. They are camera operating professionals who often direct, shoot, and edit videos.
Job Description Sample
We are seeking someone with a creative mind and a strong background in video creation to join our team as a videographer. The ideal candidate should have good time-management skills and be able to meet deadlines while working well together with a fast-paced team. They will ensure filming equipment is present and functional while also assisting the creative team with planning, shooting, and editing video content for clients. At times the videographer will also be asked to direct other staff members during filming as well.
The average videographer brings in just under $45,000 per year, with pay ranging from $31,000 to $64,000 for more experienced videographers.
- Above-average computer literacy.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Decent fitness and stamina to work long hours.
- Strong creative skills.
- Proficiency with equipment necessary for production and post-production.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Film videos both on and off location.
- Ensure all necessary equipment is present and functional.
- Lay out plan for shoot.
- Edit content in post-production.
- Direct other staff on set.
- Proficiency with camera, sound, and lighting equipment.
- Familiarity with post-production software such as Photoshop, Adobe Premiere, Final Cut, After Effects.
- 1+ year experience in the field is preferred.
Using This Videographer Job Description Template
In order to use your new videographer job description template, follow the instructions below.
- Step one: Copy and paste all sections into a new Word Document (Job Description Sample, Duties, Skills, and Requirements).
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your environment. Be sure that you meet with either executive staff members or team members to qualify what requirements need to be met.
- Step three: When posting your job online, be sure to include an average salary range as this can help to prevent applicants who don't meet your criteria. Salary ranges are provided in each template.
- Step four: Before posting your job, be sure to check with your team and ensure all descriptions, duties, and requirements are accurate. This will save you from potential miscommunications during the interview process.
Related Hiring ResourcesVideographer Resume Example
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..