Video Editor Job Description
A Video Editor should have a good mix of technical and creative skills so they can efficiently turn a client’s vision into reality. They should be able to competently use digital software to organize video and sound files into a coherent final product.
Job Description Samples
We are looking for an experienced young professional with strong creative skills to take on the role of Video Editor at our company. This job will see the video editor capturing, editing, and producing media content for our company, including photo and video projects for both internal and external use by the company.
Video editors generally earn from $34,000 to $68,000 per year. The median income for a video editor is approximately $44,000 a year.
- Good attention to detail.
- Time management.
- General knowledge of media production and communication.
- Team-player with good communication skills.
- Knowledge of media computer operating systems such as the Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Flexibility with direction and content of projects.
- Able to accept constructive criticism.
- Strong sense of initiative.
- Good with computers and hand-held devices.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Flexible working locations.
- Capturing high-quality media content.
- Oversee technical aspects of production.
- Collaborate with both creative and marketing team.
- Present content to senior management.
- Create strategy for brands.
- Bachelor’s or similar-level degree.
- Experience in video production or similar role.
- Creative thinker.
- Experienced with Final Cut/Adobe Premiere, After Effects, or equivalent programs.
- Strong understanding of motion graphics.
Using This Video Editor Job Description Template
In order to use your new video editor job description template, follow the instructions below.
- Step one: Copy and paste all sections into a new Word Document (Job Description Sample, Duties, Skills, and Requirements).
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your environment. Be sure that you meet with either executive staff members or team members to qualify what requirements need to be met.
- Step three: When posting your job online, be sure to include an average salary range as this can help to prevent applicants who don't meet your criteria. Salary ranges are provided in each template.
- Step four: Before posting your job, be sure to check with your team and ensure all descriptions, duties, and requirements are accurate. This will save you from potential miscommunications during the interview process.
Related Hiring ResourcesVideo Editor Cover Letter Sample
Video Editor Resume Example
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..