Surgical Technologist Job Description
The Surgical Technologist is responsible for organizing and preparing the operating room for procedures. They are part of the medical and surgical staff within hospitals, private medical facilities, and private surgical offices.
Job Description Sample
We are seeking a Surgical Technologist to prepare our operation rooms for procedures. The ideal candidate will have strong critical thinking skills and the ability to anticipate the needs of the surgical staff and the patients before they enter the room. They will be responsible for preparing the environment for surgeries by making sure that all tools, supplies, and equipment are in the appropriate condition for the surgical staff to successfully begin their procedure(s).
A Surgical Technologist earns between $50,000 and $86,000 per year. The median salary is $72,000 annually.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to anticipate needs.
- Organizational skills.
- Ability to follow strict guidelines.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Fully prepare the operation room for surgeries – this includes the sanitization of all tools and equipment.
- Be available during surgical procedure to assist with transporting and positioning of patients.
- Maintain the sterile nature of the environment during the procedure.
- Take care of specimens from patient as needed.
- Participate in educational training for surgical staff.
- Strictly follow safety and sanitation guidelines.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Certification as Surgical Technician or equivalent experience.
- Willingness to participate in ongoing education offered to surgical department staff.
- Ability to communicate with patients, families and staff in high-stress situations.
Using This Surgical Technologist Job Description Template
In order to use your new surgical technologist job description template, follow the instructions below.
- Step one: Copy and paste all sections into a new Word Document (Job Description Sample, Duties, Skills, and Requirements).
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your environment. Be sure that you meet with either executive staff members or team members to qualify what requirements need to be met.
- Step three: When posting your job online, be sure to include an average salary range as this can help to prevent applicants who don't meet your criteria. Salary ranges are provided in each template.
- Step four: Before posting your job, be sure to check with your team and ensure all descriptions, duties, and requirements are accurate. This will save you from potential miscommunications during the interview process.
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..