Service Writer Job Description Sample (+ Free Template)
The service writer will serve as an important liaison between the service team and the valued customer. They are considered part of the customer service team and are responsible for product management and service delivery. Service writers are often found within the automotive industry.
Job Description Sample
Our firm is actively seeking to bring on a talented customer-focused service writer. The ideal candidate should be someone with above-average customer service and communication skills, as they will be the first impression customers get of the company. In this position, you will be tasked with ensuring that a customer’s needs are catered to as well as coordinating all of the transactions, repairs, and warranties between our customers and company. You will also be responsible for managing customer accounts as this role would be the go-to person for each customer through their entire servicing experience.
The average service writer makes around $41,000 per year, with pay ranging from $25,000 to $62,000 for more skilled writers.
- Good communication and customer service capabilities.
- Strong knowledge of relevant software programs.
- Ability to keep detailed records.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Build customer relationships.
- Keep computerized records of customer profiles.
- Keep track of scheduled servicing.
- Communicate all important information to the customer as well as management.
- Helping the customer through the buying process.
- Keeping up with customers after initial purchase to ensure satisfaction and ongoing repairs and services.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Work experience in the field and/or knowledge of the product is preferred.
- Proficient with software programs.
- Ability to take customer issues described in layman’s terms and translate them to technical terms for the service team.
Service Writer Job Description Template
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template:
- Step 1: Replace the job title, job brief, duties and requirements, and optional work environment sections based on the information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double-check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Proofread the job description. Then post on a job board.
Job Description Format
Follow the format below when writing a job description.
For more information on writing a job description, visit this resource.
Top Job Boards
Consider posting a job description or job advertisement (referred to as a "job ad") on one of the following national job boards:
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..