Research Associate Job Description
A Research Associate will assist with the design, administration, and oversight of trials and hypotheses. They are research conductors for businesses, markets, investments, and more. They are primarily found within the finance field.
Job Description Sample
We are looking for a hard-working and ambitious research associate to join our team of scientific professionals. The ideal candidate will have excellent time-management skills and will have an aptitude for working in a very fast-paced environment. As part of our team, you will take on a large workload alongside the lead researchers, which may include assisting with rounding up interview subjects, conducting interviews, analyzing and evaluating the resulting data, sending in submissions for grants, and conducting literature reviews among other tasks.
The average research associate makes approximately $52,000 per year, with pay ranging from $37,000 to $77,000 for more experienced associates.
- Good technical and communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong interviewing skills.
- Above average critical-thinking.
- Impressive time-management ability.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Data collection.
- Conduct literature reviews.
- Assist in collection and analysis of data.
- Prepare submissions to send in to granting agencies and foundations.
- Prep and assist with interviews.
- Recruit interview subjects.
- Maintain and safeguard the confidentiality of interviews.
- Assist with website maintenance.
- Collect equipment necessary for research.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- College degree preferred.
- Academic or work experience related to the field of research.
- Knowledge of specialized software or datasets.
- Impressive academic achievement.
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template
- Step 1: Replace the job duties and requirements based on information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Then post on a job board.
Top Job Boards
Related Hiring ResourcesClinical Research Associate Job Description
Research Associate Resume Example
Research Associate Cover Letter Sample
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..