Relationship Manager Job Description
The Relationship Manager is responsible for developing and maintaining new and existing relationships in an effort to meet business objectives and drive revenue. They are often found within the Customer Success team, where they act as a liaison between the service department, product teams, and customer service teams.
Job Description Sample
We are seeking a Relationship Manager who will maintain existing client relationships and develop new ones. The ideal candidate will have experience in a business development role working with clients and coordinating marketing and sales materials relevant to client engagement initiatives. This person will be a strong communicator and keep detailed logs in the database on client interactions. They will also be responsible for following up on new leads and developing those leads into new customers. Their primary goal is revenue generation.
A Relationship Manager earns between $48,000 and $108,000 per year. The median salary is $63,000 annually.
- Relationship maintenance.
- Customer service.
- Marketing skills.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Drive revenue in line with company objectives, but building and maintaining client relationships.
- Manage all client correspondence in database.
- Understand customer needs and assist in the development of marketing campaigns.
- Maintain regular contact with all clients in portfolio.
- Meet or exceed client expectations and KPIs applicable to your role.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in sales of business development role.
- Excellent communication skills – comfortable with regular in-person and phone interaction.
- In-depth product knowledge.
- Customer-centric approach to sales.
Using This Relationship Manager Job Description Template
In order to use your new relationship manager job description template, follow the instructions below.
- Step one: Copy and paste all sections into a new Word Document (Job Description Sample, Duties, Skills, and Requirements).
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your environment. Be sure that you meet with either executive staff members or team members to qualify what requirements need to be met.
- Step three: When posting your job online, be sure to include an average salary range as this can help to prevent applicants who don't meet your criteria. Salary ranges are provided in each template.
- Step four: Before posting your job, be sure to check with your team and ensure all descriptions, duties, and requirements are accurate. This will save you from potential miscommunications during the interview process.
Related Hiring ResourcesPublic Relationship Manager Job Description
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..