Ramp Agent Job Description
The Ramp Agent is responsible for providing ground support to aircraft by ensuring that they are prepared for their flights. They are part of the flight crew located within airport facilities. They are responsible for following FAA regulated safety guidelines.
Job Description Sample
We are seeking a Ramp Agent to join our team. The Ramp Agent plays a crucial role in keeping aircraft on schedule for their flights. They provide ground support by directing aircraft to and from gates and managing the equipment and services for the aircraft, including baggage carts, stair units, etc. The ideal candidate for this position will have excellent physical stamina and be willing to adhere to strict safety standards.
A Ramp Agent earns between $25,000 and $31,000 per year. The median salary is $28,000 annually.
- Physical strength.
- Attention to detail.
- Time management.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Directing aircraft to and from gates for arrivals and departures.
- Providing ground support by loading and unloading baggage, ensuring stairs or walkways are available for passengers and crew to enter and exit the aircraft.
- Handling of live animals and special cargo.
- Operating all ground equipment used for maintaining and servicing the aircrafts.
- Reporting aircraft maintenance issues to supervisor.
- Compliance with safety regulations and standards.
- High School Diploma (desirable).
- Ability to work in a team environment and communicate effectively.
- Ability to lift heavy objects.
- Experience in aviation environments would be a bonus.
- Ability to endure tough working conditions.
Using Your Template
Follow these instructions to use your new job description template
- Step one: Fill out all details in your job description template using the provided sample on this page.
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your workplace. Be sure to speak with team members and managers to gauge what's required of the position.
- Step three: When the census of the team has agreed on the description of the work, add in a Equal Employment Opportunity statement to the bottom of your job description.
- Step four: Check with your legal department, management team, and other team members to ensure the job description looks correct before creating a job advertisement. Choose a job board that's specific to your needs.
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..