Radiologic Technologist Job Description
A Radiologic Technologist is responsible for capturing patient MRI, CT and x-ray images that can be used for diagnostic purposes. They are considered part of the medical staff located within hospitals, private medical facilities, and private surgical facilities.
Job Description Sample
We are seeking a skilled Radiologic Technologist who will be responsible for ensuring that radiology procedures are administered in a safe a thorough manner. The candidate will be required to work with patients to capture diagnostic imaging. They will be required to explain the procedures to patients, prepare them and ensure their safety throughout. Strong interpersonal skills, compassion, and the physical stamina will be required for this position.
A Radiologic Technologist’s salary can range from $50,000 to $88,000 per year. The median salary is $57,000 annually.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Physical stamina to assist patient.
- Compassion and empathy.
- Excellent communication.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with Radiologist to determine what is needed for each patient.
- Discuss and prepare patient for procedure.
- Physically assist patient when needed.
- Follow procedures to ensure patient safety.
- Keep records for each patient organized .
- Ensure all equipment is maintained.
- Undergraduate degree.
- Diploma in Medical Radiology (CAMRT).
- Experience working with patients.
- Strong communication and organizational skills for correspondence and patient record keeping.
- Ability to work days, evenings and weekends as shifts will vary.
- Detail-oriented to ensure accuracy of procedures.
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template
- Step 1: Replace the job duties and requirements based on information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Then post on a job board.
Top Job Boards
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..