Pipe Fitter Job Description
A Pipe Fitter is responsible for planning and installing heat, water and oil systems in residential and commercial properties. Once systems are installed, they are also responsible for maintaining them as needed.
Job Description Sample
We are seeking a certified Pipe Fitter who has completed an apprenticeship program or has proven experience in the field. The candidate will be familiar with the working conditions related to this particular role and will take appropriate safety precautions when working with welding and installation equipment, dangerous chemical and liquids.
A earns between $30,000 and $87,000 per year. The median salary is $64,000 annually.
- Attention to detail.
- Mechanical skills.
- Physical ability.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Mapping out and installing pipe system in accordance with design plans and blueprints.
- Using tools to customized pipes to fit design.
- Ensuring final installation is securely installed and functioning properly.
- Completion of all work according to code and regulations.
- Maintaining all tools and equipment related to the job.
- High school diploma.
- Apprenticeship or trade education.
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Maintaining safety standards while on the job.
- Physical ability to work in this role.
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template
- Step 1: Replace the job duties and requirements based on information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Then post on a job board.
Top Job Boards
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..