Pastor Job Description
A Pastor is an estimable, spiritual, and capable person who will look after the church’s operations and lead its staff. They are considered the head of the church's operations team. And conduct church gospels every Sunday service for their patrons and community.
Job Description Samples
We are seeking a pastor to oversee the general operations of our church. You will be providing spiritual leadership to our congregation while also managing the day-to-day activities such as budgeting, fundraising, and logistics. In this position, the ideal candidate will also join the church elders in defining and executing the church’s mission, vision and future goals.
The average pastor earns just under $50,000 per year, with pay ranging from $26,000 to $78,000 for more experienced pastors.
- Strong spiritual maturity.
- Demonstrable Biblical leadership skills.
- Above-average organizational skills.
- Solid team-player.
- Ability to multitask.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversight of church operations.
- Supervising, meeting with, and leading church staff.
- Guiding and improving relations between deacons, elders, and other staff.
- Collaborating with elders to carry out vision and mission of church.
- Creating the annual budget.
- Overseeing finances of the church, including fundraising and budget.
- Review and create policies and procedures for the operation of the church.
- Clear and strong relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Master’s of Divinity degree.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in ministry affairs.
- Competent with FellowshipOne, QuickBooks, MS Office Suite and social media.
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template
- Step 1: Replace the job duties and requirements based on information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Then post on a job board.
Top Job Boards
Related Hiring ResourcesBest Pastor Resignation Letter Sample (Congregation Resignation) 
Youth Pastor Job Description
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..