Order Selector Job Description Sample (+ Free Template)
An order selector is responsible for ensuring customer orders are filled by selecting items from the warehouse and packing them in a secure manner for shipment.
Order Selector Job Description Sample
We are seeking an Order Selector to join our team. The candidate for this position will have strong attention to detail and the ability to accurately read orders and select items for packaging and shipping. They will need to be physically fit and have experience with operating warehouse machinery and equipment. This is a physically demanding role that requires standing for long periods of time.
Order Selector Salary
An Order Selector earns between $24,000 and $50,000 per year. The median salary is $36,000 annually.
Order Selector Skills
- Attention to detail.
- Physically fit.
- Basic math skills.
Order Selector Duties & Responsibilities
- Fulfill customer orders by selecting items from the warehouse.
- Package items securely to ensure they arrive intact to buyer.
- Operate warehouse machinery to stock and retrieve items from storage shelves.
- Inspect items for damage or defects.
- Ensure accurate information is on shipping label.
- Keep warehouse organized and tidy for maximum efficiency.
Order Selector Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Forklift license and experience operating heavy machinery.
- Physically fit and able to lift heavy items.
- Good organizational, communication and teamwork skills.
- Experience with inventory management.
Order Selector Job Description Template
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template:
- Step 1: Replace the job title, job brief, duties and requirements, and optional work environment sections based on the information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double-check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Proofread the job description. Then post on a job board.
Job Description Format
Follow the format below when writing a job description.
For more information on writing a job description, visit this resource.
Top Job Boards
Consider posting a job description or job advertisement (referred to as a "job ad") on one of the following national job boards:
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..