Order Selector Job Description
An Order Selector is responsible for ensuring customer orders are filled by selecting items from the warehouse and packing them in a secure manner for shipment.
Job Description Sample
We are seeking an Order Selector to join our team. The candidate for this position will have strong attention to detail and the ability to accurately read orders and select items for packaging and shipping. They will need to be physically fit and have experience with operating warehouse machinery and equipment. This is a physically demanding role that requires standing for long periods of time.
An Order Selector earns between $24,000 and $50,000 per year. The median salary is $36,000 annually.
- Attention to detail.
- Physically fit.
- Basic math skills.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Fulfill customer orders by selecting items from the warehouse.
- Package items securely to ensure they arrive intact to buyer.
- Operate warehouse machinery to stock and retrieve items from storage shelves.
- Inspect items for damage or defects.
- Ensure accurate information is on shipping label.
- Keep warehouse organized and tidy for maximum efficiency.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Forklift license and experience operating heavy machinery.
- Physically fit and able to lift heavy items.
- Good organizational, communication and teamwork skills.
- Experience with inventory management.
Using This Order Selector Job Description Template
In order to use your new order selector job description template, follow the instructions below.
- Step one: Copy and paste all sections into a new Word Document (Job Description Sample, Duties, Skills, and Requirements).
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your environment. Be sure that you meet with either executive staff members or team members to qualify what requirements need to be met.
- Step three: When posting your job online, be sure to include an average salary range as this can help to prevent applicants who don't meet your criteria. Salary ranges are provided in each template.
- Step four: Before posting your job, be sure to check with your team and ensure all descriptions, duties, and requirements are accurate. This will save you from potential miscommunications during the interview process.
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..