Canvasser Job Description Sample (+ Free Template)
A canvasser gathers information, makes sales, or influences actions on behalf of an organization or company. They often work door-to-door or in high traffic areas such as malls and talk to people about the company or organization. They often gather signatures or try to sway opinions.
Canvasser Job Description Sample
We are searching for an energetic and sales-oriented Canvasser to speak to the public about our new products. The successful candidate for this position will be responsible for approaching the public in varying situations and giving them information about our products and their uses.
A canvasser can earn anywhere from $24,000 to $40,000 per year. The median salary for this position is $28,000 per year.
Canvasser Required Soft Skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Outgoing and energetic personality.
- Ability to sell or sway opinions.
- Love of travel.
Canvasser Duties & Responsibilities
- Memorize and recite scripts or other sales statements prepared by the company.
- Approach people in their homes or in public places and talk to them about the company.
- Obtain signatures or other personal information for electoral parties or businesses.
- Conduct cold calls on behalf of the company.
- Answer questions about the employer.
- Attended fairs, rallies, shows, and other relevant events.
- Meet set quotas.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Sales experience is an asset.
- Previous experience as a canvasser is preferred.
Canvasser Job Description Template
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template:
- Step 1: Replace the job title, job brief, duties and requirements, and optional work environment sections based on the information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double-check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Proofread the job description. Then post on a job board.
Job Description Format
Follow the format below when writing a job description.
For more information on writing a job description, visit this resource.
Top Job Boards
Consider posting a job description or job advertisement (referred to as a "job ad") on one of the following national job boards:
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..