Accounting Specialist Job Description
An Accounting Specialist verifies and processes transactions, communicates with clients, lenders, and suppliers, analyzes financial information, and assists with daily, monthly, and yearly accounting projects and other activities.
Accounting Specialist Job Description Sample
We are looking for a skilled and detail-oriented accounting specialist to maintain financial records and analyze our financial information. The successful candidate for this position will be responsible for assisting with routine accounting duties and respond to inquiries and complaints from clients.
Accounting Specialist Salary
An accounting specialist typically earns between $35,000 and $62,000 per year. The median salary for this position is roughly $45,000 annually.
Accounting Specialist Required Soft Skills
- Attention to detail.
- Computer skills.
- Proficiency with accounting software.
- Written and verbal communication.
- Problem solving skills.
- Outstanding math skills.
- Highly organized.
- Analytical mindset.
Accounting Specialist Duties & Responsibilities
- Use documents to verify, process, and record financial transactions.
- Maintain accurate records and information related to inventor and supplies.
- Communicate with vendors and suppliers to ensure accurate charges and timely payments.
- Assist with daily accounting tasks including generating budgets, preparing taxes, and assisting with audits.
- Discuss account issues with clients including account status, discrepancies, and charges.
Accounting Specialist Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or a related field.
- Master’s degree is an asset.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in accounting role.
Using This Accounting Specialist Job Description Template
In order to use your new accounting specialist job description template, follow the instructions below.
- Step one: Copy and paste all sections into a new Word Document (Job Description Sample, Duties, Skills, and Requirements).
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your environment. Be sure that you meet with either executive staff members or team members to qualify what requirements need to be met.
- Step three: When posting your job online, be sure to include an average salary range as this can help to prevent applicants who don't meet your criteria. Salary ranges are provided in each template.
- Step four: Before posting your job, be sure to check with your team and ensure all descriptions, duties, and requirements are accurate. This will save you from potential miscommunications during the interview process.
Related Hiring ResourcesAccounting Specialist Cover Letter Sample
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..