DSP Job Description
Direct Support Professionals (DSP) care for people with disabilities. They assist and encourage them to lead independent lives and work for schools, private companies, assisted living homes, and religious institutions.
DSP Job Description Sample
We are looking for a compassionate and experienced direct support professional to care for our residents and encourage independence. The successful candidate for this position will be responsible for assisting with personal care needs, treatments, and other support. You will also be an advocate for the disabled community as a whole.
A DSP earns a salary anywhere from $22,000 to $61,000 per year. The median salary for this position is $33,000 per year.
DSP Required Soft Skills
- Patience and compassion.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Physical stamina and strength.
- Organizational skills.
DSP Duties & Responsibilities
- Establish a positive and nurturing environment.
- Oversee residents and take care of personal needs as well as housekeeping.
- Deliver individualized care to residents.
- Advance resident decision making, participation in the community, and productivity.
- Promote independence including work, learning, and leisure activities.
- Comply with all policies and procedures of the facility.
- Facilitate inclusion in community activities and experiences.
- Highs school diploma or equivalent.
- Mandt, CPR, and first aid certification.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Minimum of 1-year social service experience with individuals with disabilities.
Using Your Template
Follow these instructions to use your new job description template
- Step one: Fill out all details in your job description template using the provided sample on this page.
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your workplace. Be sure to speak with team members and managers to gauge what's required of the position.
- Step three: When the census of the team has agreed on the description of the work, add in a Equal Employment Opportunity statement to the bottom of your job description.
- Step four: Check with your legal department, management team, and other team members to ensure the job description looks correct before creating a job advertisement. Choose a job board that's specific to your needs.
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..