Hotel General Manager Job Description
Hotel General Managers oversee day-to-day operations and activities of a hotel. They manage accounting, sales, customer service, and business development. They are considered the executive leadership within a hospitality group or hotel setting.
Hotel General Manager Job Description Sample
We are looking for an experienced Hotel Manager to join our hotel staff and oversee the daily functioning of our hotel. The successful candidate will manage staff, collect payments, monitor departmental budgets, and evaluate hotel performance.
Hotel General Manager Salary
A Hotel Manager earns between $36,000 and $112,000 per year. The median salary for this position is $56,000 per year.
Hotel General Manager Required Soft Skills
- Strong understanding of hotel management and “best practices”.
- Experience using data entry software.
- Customer service skills.
- Leadership abilities.
- Highly organized.
- Attention to detail.
- Interpersonal skills and problem-solving abilities.
Hotel General Manager Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage office employees, kitchen staff, cleaning staff, and front desk agents.
- Monitor employee performance and conduct regular staff evaluations.
- Maintain records of finances.
- Welcome and register guests upon arrival.
- Resolve issues professionally and quickly as they come up.
- Develop a marketing strategy to promote the hotel’s services.
- Coordinate suppliers, travel agencies, and conference/event planners.
- Various budgeting duties including determining room rates and allocating funds to different departments.
- Evaluate hotel performance and customer satisfaction through surveys and other means.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety guidelines and rules.
Hotel General Manager Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in hospitality, business administration, or similar field.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in hotel management or a similar role.
Using Your Template
Follow these instructions to use your new job description template
- Step one: Fill out all details in your job description template using the provided sample on this page.
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your workplace. Be sure to speak with team members and managers to gauge what's required of the position.
- Step three: When the census of the team has agreed on the description of the work, add in a Equal Employment Opportunity statement to the bottom of your job description.
- Step four: Check with your legal department, management team, and other team members to ensure the job description looks correct before creating a job advertisement. Choose a job board that's specific to your needs.
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..