Environmental Scientist Job Description
An Environmental Scientist conducts analyses, prepares reports, and develops management plans to ensure the preservation of the environment. They work for environmental offices, consulting companies, and federal and provincial governments.
Environmental Scientist Job Description Sample
We are looking for a passionate and experienced Environmental Scientist to conduct assessments in a variety of industries and environments. The successful candidate will conduct site assessments, provide education to management teams of companies regarding their environmental impact, and conduct environmental investigations.
Environmental Scientist Salary
An Environmental Scientist earns between $59,000 and $105,000 per year, with an average of $79,000.
Environmental Scientist Required Soft Skills
- Highly analytical.
- Advanced problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements and health and safety programs.
Environmental Scientist Duties & Responsibilities
- Carry out environmental investigations.
- Collect samples for analysis.
- Review environmental impact reports from companies and governments.
- Develop and maintain environmental management systems.
- Conduct studies, perform tests, and collect data.
- Conduct environmental site assessments.
- Assist with the study and monitoring of air, land, and water quality.
- Identify, analyze, and report hazardous materials in the environment.
- Create proposals for environmental projects and generate reports for environmental assessments.
- Oversee and train junior staff.
- Recommend solutions to eliminate pollution and other environmental hazards.
Environmental Scientist Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental science, environmental engineering, or another similar field.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field is an asset.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience as an environmental scientist.
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template
- Step 1: Replace the job duties and requirements based on information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Then post on a job board.
Top Job Boards
Related Hiring ResourcesEnvironmental Scientist Cover Letter Sample
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..