Walmart Sales Associate Job Description
Walmart Sales Associates greet customers, assist customers with purchase decisions, and assist with returns, refunds, or resolving complaints. They are part of the Walmart customer service team and sales floor team.
Walmart Sales Associate Job Description Sample
We are looking for an experienced Sales Associate to work at the local Walmart location. The successful candidate will be responsible for an array of customer service duties, complaint handling, and for maintaining the sales floor products, displays, and signs.
Walmart Sales Associate Salary
A Walmart sales associate earns between $20,000 and $28,000 per year. The median salary for this position is $24,000 per year.
Walmart Sales Associate Required Soft Skills
- Customer service skills.
- Polite and helpful personality.
- Team player.
Walmart Sales Associate Duties & Responsibilities
- Greet customers upon arrival.
- Respond to questions and resolve complaints.
- Assist with purchase decisions and maintain superior product knowledge on all merchandise in our Walmart store.
- Work toward increasing store sales by providing excellent customer service.
- Operate cash registers, handle financial transactions, and balance cash drawers at the end of every shift.
- Direct customers to merchandise in store upon request and assist with any other questions they have.
- Introduce and promote store promotions.
- Maintain an orderly and clean sales floor at all times.
Walmart Sales Associate Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working in a retail or customer service-oriented position.
- Professional appearance.
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template
- Step 1: Replace the job duties and requirements based on information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Then post on a job board.
Top Job Boards
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..