Test Engineer Job Description
A Test Engineer designs and implements tests to ensure the quality and functionality of a product. They are involved from the designing of test parameters all the way to the process of troubleshooting errors and writing up final test procedures.
Test Engineer Job Description Sample
We are looking for an experienced and qualified Test Engineer to design and oversee quality check procedures and processes for our products. A successful candidate will be responsible for analyzing product features, creating test parameters and custom quality checks, and writing final test procedures for qualified technicians.
Test Engineer Salary
A test engineer earns a salary between $55,000 and $102,000 per year. The median salary for this position is $72,000 per year.
Test Engineer Required Soft Skills
- Technical writing skills.
- Project management skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Troubleshooting skills.
- Team player.
Test Engineer Duties & Responsibilities
- Determine test parameters in collaboration with design team.
- Write test plans and create test cases.
- Conduct quality assurance and design performance tests for products using the latest testing procedures.
- Troubleshoot errors and streamline testing procedures.
- Generate final QA and test procedures for quality technicians.
- Ensure that all tests meet industry and company standards.
- Prepare test reports for management.
Test Engineer Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering, or in engineering.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a test engineer.
- Knowledge of testing tools including Selenium, Apache, TestStand, and others.
- Knowledge of diagramming software including Gliffy and AutoCAD, among others.
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template
- Step 1: Replace the job duties and requirements based on information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Then post on a job board.
Top Job Boards
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..