Supply Chain Analyst Job Description (+ Free Template)
A Supply Chain Analyst is responsible for collecting data in order to determine the efficiency of supply chain operations. These professionals are usually found within the manufacturing, shipping, and logistics verticals.
Supply Chain Analyst Job Description Sample
We are looking for an experienced and analytical supply chain analyst to determine the efficiency of our company’s supply chain operations. A successful candidate for this position will collect all relevant data and perform analysis to gauge the efficiency and effectiveness of our current operations, after which you will recommend improvements and changes to increase efficiency.
Supply Chain Analyst Salary
A supply chain analyst earns anywhere from $45,000 to $78,000 per year. The median salary for this position is $60,000 per year.
Supply Chain Analyst Required Soft Skills
- Highly analytical mindset.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Project management skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to analyze data and draw practical conclusion from it.
Supply Chain Analyst Duties & Responsibilities
- Collect relevant data on supply chain operations including scheduling procedures and production output.
- Evaluate and determine areas of supply chain operations that require changes and improvement.
- Plan projects that will increase efficiency and boost production.
- Collaborate with employees and management team members and provide feedback regarding areas that need improvement and assist with the implementation of new methods.
Supply Chain Analyst Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in logistics, business management, or a similar and relevant field.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience as a supply chain analyst.
Supply Chain Analyst Job Description Template
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template:
- Step 1: Replace the job title, job brief, duties and requirements, and optional work environment sections based on the information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double-check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Proofread the job description. Then post on a job board.
Job Description Format
Follow the format below when writing a job description.
For more information on writing a job description, visit this resource.
Top Job Boards
Consider posting a job description or job advertisement (referred to as a "job ad") on one of the following national job boards:
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..