Data Engineer Job Description
A Data Engineer is a computer software engineer who helps to address business insights alongside internal, external, and market condition data analysis. A Data Engineer may build computer code and systems to ingest, analyze, compute, and quantify computer data in order to address required insights business leaders may be seeking. A Data Engineer helps business leaders make decisions, using insights, information, statistics, and numbers available on the internet and inside the company.
Table of Contents
Data Engineer Job Description Sample
Seeking passionate Data Engineers who can help us address needs of the business by analyzing internal, external, and market data points. A successful candidate in this position will be able to be a Polyglot engineer, utilizing multiple computer languages and computer database types in order to better address business challenge and business insights that are required.
Data Engineer Salary
In the U.S., the average salary for a Data Engineer, who sits as part of the computer engineering group in an organization, earns anywhere from $67,000 per year to $120,000 per year. This information has been analyzed against the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Data Engineer Job Description For Resume
If you’re looking to describe yourself as a Data Engineer in your resume, it is slightly different than how job seekers describe the role. Here is an example of what you should put in your resume if you have previous Data Engineer job experience:
3+ years as a Data Scientist and R-specialist. I was able to help address more than 100 business propositions on behalf of the executive leadership using both internal and external data points. Built systems and tools that allows us to ingest more than 10,000 key data points in under 24 hours. Then put those data points to use.
Data Engineer Skills
- Verbal communication skills
- Comprehension skills
- Analytical skills
- Analysis skills
- Research skills
- Quantitative skills
- Qualitative skills
- Direction taking skills
- Direction giving skills
Data Engineer Duties & Responsibilities
- Comprehends business challenges set by the leadership team and translates them into questions that can be asked or answered with data.
- Works in the engineering group in Agile Methodology.
- Comfortable working with multiple types of database types in order to query large groups of data insights in order to answer business propositions.
- Set clear objectives with data analysis and write computer code in order to help translate data to insights.
- Be a key player across multiple business disciplines to help address insights.
- Perform regular reporting for business leaders.
- Be an internal consultant and learn new needs of each department and learn how you can use data to better help their work perform.
Data Engineer Requirements
- Proficiency in all database types (MySQL, Postgres, NoDB, and more)
- Proficiency with querying large sets of data
- Computer Science degree a plus
- Minimum 3+ years experience working as an engineer
- Comprehension of data models and business analytics
- Ability to answer business questions with data
Using Your Template
Follow these instructions to use your new job description template
- Step one: Fill out all details in your job description template using the provided sample on this page.
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your workplace. Be sure to speak with team members and managers to gauge what's required of the position.
- Step three: When the census of the team has agreed on the description of the work, add in a Equal Employment Opportunity statement to the bottom of your job description.
- Step four: Check with your legal department, management team, and other team members to ensure the job description looks correct before creating a job advertisement. Choose a job board that's specific to your needs.
Related Hiring Resources30+ Data Engineer Interview Questions & Answers
Data Engineer Resume Example
Data Engineer Cover Letter Sample
Big Data Engineer Cover Letter Sample
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..