Scrum Master Job Description
A Scrum Master is an agile project manager who works alongside software engineers to better assign, direct and assess work in progress and upcoming work. A Scrum Master is in place to ensure that all software engineers have a complete plate of work and are following agile methods of software development.
Table of Contents
- Scrum Master Job Description Sample
- Scrum Master Salary
- Scrum Master Job Description For Resume
- Scrum Master Skills
- Scrum Master Duties & Responsibilities
- Scrum Master Requirements
Scrum Master Job Description Sample
We are seeking a certified scrum master who can help our team of engineers stay on course. Our ideal scrum master is a professional who can comprehend our leaderships objectives and assess the needs of the business and ensure that the software engineering department is responding appropriately. As a scrum master, you should have a passion for collaboration, a passion of software engineering, and a comprehension of what's required to produce high-quality software for businesses and consumers.
Scrum Master Salary
The national average salary for a scrum master in the U.S. is between $72,000 and $130,000 per year. This salary range is heavily dependent on the skills and certifications of the scrum master and prior work experience keeping software engineers on course.
Scrum Master Job Description For Resume
2+ years in software engineering departments working closely with engineers. Comfortable meeting tight deadlines and finding ways that software engineers feel comfortable cutting corners if we need to. Certified Scrum Master.
Scrum Master Skills
- Ability to direct a team.
- Direction giving skills.
- Active listening skills.
- Adaptive skills.
- Assessment skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Decision making skills.
- Verbal communication skills.
- Comprehension skills.
Scrum Master Duties & Responsibilities
- Work closely with executive leadership and product leaders to comprehend upcoming work.
- Work closely with executive leadership to plan upcoming work for our software engineering department.
- Work closely with software engineers on a regular basis to assign sprints and assess the scope of work.
- Assess issues with the software engineers and deal with escalations and immediate needs of the business.
- Follow agile software methodology and track all work in project management systems.
- Continuously report on the progress of the software engineer department.
- Collaborate with other departments on upcoming work of the software engineering group.
Scrum Master Requirements
- Candidates with prior project management experience will be preferred.
- Comfort with JIRA or Trello preferred.
- Must know Microsoft Office suite of products.
- CSM certified is preferred.
- SAFe 4.0 Scrum Master is preferred.
- Scrum Master Certified is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications or Project Management preferred.
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template:
- Step 1: Replace the job title, job brief, duties and requirements, and optional work environment sections based on the information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double-check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Proofread the job description. Then post on a job board.
Job Description Format
Follow the format below when writing a job description.
For more information on writing a job description, visit this resource.
Top Job Boards
Consider posting a job description or job advertisement (referred to as a "job ad") on one of the following national job boards:
Related Hiring ResourcesScrum Master Resume Example [2020 Updated]
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..