Network Engineer Resume Example
Network Engineer resumes should contain references to previous IT positions, IT training, or IT certifications that qualify you as a candidate for any position you might be applying for. While some candidates will have the opportunity to discuss other Network Engineer roles as a way of further qualifying themselves for the role. Those who have limited experience should focus on their skills, certifications, and training as a way to encourage your abilities as a future employer.
As a network engineer, you'll be responsible for setting up, creating, and maintaining/preserving networks within your place of work or between job sites. The duties of a network engineering are often accompanied by administrative networking roles to support clients and your fellow staff. You should be able to troubleshoot any networking related issues that arise. In some cases, you may design new networks or configure new network-dependent hardware.
What Makes a Good Network Engineer Resume?
As a Network Engineer, your resume should include a background that immediately reflects your ability to implement Network Solutions, troubleshoot issues, configure security systems, and maintain Network infrastructure. Additionally, you should also have strong interpersonal skills to aid in troubleshooting for clients and your team members.
Soft Skills for Network Engineer Resumes
Soft skills that Network Engineers should focus on would be those that show your ability to comprehend new technologies, solve problems, diagnose issues, stay calm under pressure, and be extremely analytical when required.
Soft skills that all Network Engineers should have are:
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Flexible, adaptable and dependable when necessary.
- Is a self-starter who can work comfortably with a team or independently.
- Can quickly learn unfamiliar or new products or technology using internet sources or documentation.
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills.
- Can work well under pressure.
Hard Skills for Network Engineers
Below are hard skills that you should reference when writing your resume:
- Disaster Recovery
- WAN/LAN Analysis
- Multiprotocol Label Swtiching (MPLS)
- Network Security
- VMWare Infrastructure and Analysis
- Wireless Networking
- Virtual Networks
- Remote Networking
- Remote Network Administration
- Router Analysis
- Technical Support
Network Engineer Resume Objective
Starting your resume with a resume objective is one of the best ways to encapsulate your previous work history in a short statement. This allows your future employer and resumes reader to more quickly scan your resume and comprehend your work history in a short amount of time.
Here's an example of a Network Engineer resume objective:
I can easily overcome any technical problem that I may face in a networking environment as a result of my comprehensive training and experience as a Network Engineering Professional. My experience with Linux systems, Cisco's networking systems, and Cloud networking knowledge, as well as my strong interpersonal skills, allow me to overcome any situation in the field.
Network Engineer Duties & Responsibilities For Your Resume
When listing previous work experiences, you might not be able to recall all of the duties that you performed while on the job. This may happen when your previous work experience as a Network Engineer was a few months ago or a few years ago.
Here are the general duties and responsibilities that you can list as part of the bullet points under each of your previous work experiences as a Network Engineer.
- Maintains and administers computer networks that relate to computer environments, including applications software, hardware, configurations, and systems software.
- Performs disaster recover operations and backs up data when necessary.
- Protects data, equipment, and software by planning, coordinating, and implementing network security measures.
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses, and resolves software, hardware, and other system and network issues.
- Replaces faulty network hardware components when necessary.
- Maintains, configures, and monitors email applications and virus protection software.
- Monitors network performance to determine if adjustments are required.
- Confers with network users regarding solving existing system issues.
- Operates master consoles for tracking the performance of computer and network systems.
- Designs, configures, and tests computer hardware, network software, and operating system software.
Network Engineer Resume Example (Text Version)
Below is a sample resume for a Network Engineer position. In this example, this would be for a worker who has more experience to their name. Having the ability to speak to prior Network Engineer positions.
Network Engineer Resume Example (PDF)
Related Hiring ResourcesNetwork Engineer Job Description Sample
Network Engineer Cover Letter Sample
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..