Academic Coach Job Description
An academic coach helps high school and post-secondary students achieve their goals by improving their study practices, work ethic, ability to self-evaluate, and capability to set and achieve goals. Academic coaches prepare students for the road ahead, whether it be post-secondary or continued education or an entry into the workforce.
Academic Coach Job Description Sample
We are looking for skilled and committed academic coaches to collaborate with students and help them achieve their goals. Applicants must be problem solvers and creative thinkers comfortable with coaching a wide range of students. They must also be familiar with post-secondary admission practices, financial aid options, and reliable education methods. Successful candidates will assist students and track their progress, helping them prosper and achieve their goals in continued education or the workforce.
Academic Coach Salary
An academic coach can earn anywhere from $29,000 to $63,000 annually. The median pay for academic coaches is $41,000 per year.
Academic Coach Skills
- Excellent ability to build professional relationships with students.
- Sharp observational and evaluative abilities.
- Exceptional problem solver.
- Skillful in written and oral communication.
- Thorough understanding of educational practices.
Academic Coach Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with students to identify their educational and career goals.
- Provide guidance to students regarding their academic future.
- Analyze a student's strengths and weaknesses.
- Give students the tools and resources required for their success.
Academic Coach Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in an educational field.
- Experience in educational counseling.
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template:
- Step 1: Replace the job title, job brief, duties and requirements, and optional work environment sections based on the information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double-check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Proofread the job description. Then post on a job board.
Job Description Format
Follow the format below when writing a job description.
For more information on writing a job description, visit this resource.
Top Job Boards
Consider posting a job description or job advertisement (referred to as a "job ad") on one of the following national job boards:
Related Hiring ResourcesAcademic Coach Cover Letter Sample
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..