Account Representative Job Description
Account representatives play a vital role in a company's sales campaign by acting as ambassadors for a brand and reinforcing relationships with existing customers. They help resolve client disputes and complaints, present new products to consumers, and work closely with account managers to keep sales campaigns running smoothly.
Account Representative Job Description Sample
We are looking for account representatives to act as positive ambassadors for companies by interacting with and influencing customers. Applicants must be outgoing and sharp problem solvers, capable of communicating with customers and performing under pressure. Successful candidates will apply outstanding customer service techniques to maintain and cultivate relationships with new and existing clients.
Account Representative Salary
An account representative can earn anywhere from $37,000 to $59,000 annually. The median pay for account representatives is $47,000 per year.
Account Representative Skills
- Outstanding interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Exceptional problem-solving.
- Adept in oral communication.
- Able to perform under pressure.
- Teamwork and goal-oriented.
Account Representative Duties & Responsibilities
- Understand and communicate with clients to resolve conflicts and nurture positive relationships with consumers.
- Act as an ambassador for the brand by demonstrating excellent customer service and problem-solving skills.
- Collaborate with account executives to keep the sales campaign operating smoothly.
- Negotiate and mediate financial disputes on behalf of the company.
Account Representative Requirements
- High school diploma or GED (bachelor's degree in a business field is optional but preferred).
- Work experience in a customer service or sales position.
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template:
- Step 1: Replace the job title, job brief, duties and requirements, and optional work environment sections based on the information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double-check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Proofread the job description. Then post on a job board.
Job Description Format
Follow the format below when writing a job description.
For more information on writing a job description, visit this resource.
Top Job Boards
Consider posting a job description or job advertisement (referred to as a "job ad") on one of the following national job boards:
Related Hiring ResourcesAccount Representative Cover Letter Sample
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..