Accounting Coordinator Job Description
Accounting coordinators manage the operations of the accounting department and ensure that it is operating correctly. Accounting coordinators oversee communication between various branches of the accounting department, making sure that records are appropriately organized, and the department follows all company and legal guidelines.
Accounting Coordinator Job Description Sample
We are searching for accounting coordinators to direct and manage the daily functions of the accounting department. Applicants must have experience working in an accounting position and must be comfortable with conventional accounting and bookkeeping practices. Accounting coordinators must be able to work as part of and lead a team. Successful candidates are responsible for overseeing the operations of the accounting department and ensuring that all work is completed per company and legal protocol. Additionally, accounting coordinators are required to prepare financial reports and resolve accounting discrepancies.
Accounting Coordinator Salary
An accounting coordinator earns from $35,000 to $78,000 annually. The average salary is $46,000.
Accounting Coordinator Skills
- Excellent teamwork and management abilities.
- Interpersonal communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Outstanding multitasking capabilities.
- Skilled with computers and database software.
Accounting Coordinator Duties & Responsibilities
- Supervise all operations of the accounting department.
- Manage financial data and create reports.
- Coordinate and communicate with various branches in the accounting department.
- Stay up to date with and enforce financial guidelines.
Accounting Coordinator Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or a related business field.
- Adept in the use of database technologies and spreadsheets.
- Work experience in accounting.
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template:
- Step 1: Replace the job title, job brief, duties and requirements, and optional work environment sections based on the information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double-check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Proofread the job description. Then post on a job board.
Job Description Format
Follow the format below when writing a job description.
For more information on writing a job description, visit this resource.
Top Job Boards
Consider posting a job description or job advertisement (referred to as a "job ad") on one of the following national job boards:
Related Hiring ResourcesAccounting Coordinator Cover Letter Sample
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..