Accounting Intern Job Description
Accounting interns play a supporting role in the accounting department while simultaneously acquiring accounting skills and work experience. They assist in the daily operations of the department by preparing reports, shadowing and helping experienced members of the accounting division, and operating bookkeeping applications.
Accounting Intern Job Description Sample
We are hiring aspiring accountants to become accounting interns. Applicants must be driven, self-motivated, and eager to learn. They must be skilled in maths and in the use of various computer software (namely MS-Office). Applicants must also be able to follow directions and communicate clearly with coworkers and superiors. Successful candidates will further their knowledge and experience of accounting by accompanying experienced accountants and performing routine accounting tasks like organizing financial data and assembling reports..
Accounting Intern Salary
An accounting intern can earn anywhere from $30,000 to $68,000 annually. The median pay for accounting interns is $40,000 per year.
Accounting Intern Skills
- Motivated and willing to learn.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Skilled in oral and written communication.
- Adept at maths and in the use of computer database technologies.
Accounting Intern Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist and learn from experienced accountants.
- Take on several accounting projects.
- Input data into spreadsheet software (usually in MS-Office Excel)
- Analyze financial data and assist in creating reports.
Accounting Intern Requirements
- Bachelors or Master's degree in accounting or working towards such a degree.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA.
- A propensity in maths and the use of database software.
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template:
- Step 1: Replace the job title, job brief, duties and requirements, and optional work environment sections based on the information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double-check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Proofread the job description. Then post on a job board.
Job Description Format
Follow the format below when writing a job description.
For more information on writing a job description, visit this resource.
Top Job Boards
Consider posting a job description or job advertisement (referred to as a "job ad") on one of the following national job boards:
Related Hiring ResourcesAccounting Intern Cover Letter Sample
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..