Accounting Supervisor Job Description
An accounting supervisor is responsible for ensuring the efficiency and effectiveness of a company's accounting department. Accounting supervisors supervise employees, perform audits, oversee financial records, and prepare budget reports.
Accounting Supervisor Job Description Sample
We are seeking accounting supervisors to look after and manage accounting departments. The responsibilities of an accounting supervisor include leading members of the accounting department, analyzing financial reports, communicating crucial business information to company executives, and organizing and updating financial records. Accounting supervisors must be familiarized with financial business practices, and stay up to date with changes in accounting guidelines and laws; they are responsible for ensuring that all work conducted in the accounting department follows protocol. Successful candidates are expected to demonstrate strong leadership qualities by effectively leading their team and accounting department.
Accounting Supervisor Salary
Accounting supervisors earn from $53,000 to $105,000 per year. The average salary is $80,000.
Accounting Supervisor Skills
- Confidence in leading a team, delegating tasks, and inspecting work for discrepancies.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills.
- A profound understanding of finance, conventional accounting practices, and tax laws.
Accounting Supervisor Duties & Responsibilities
- Supervise members of the accounting department and inspect their work.
- Find and correct discrepancies.
- Assemble and present budget reports.
- Keep up with current laws regarding accounting and tax laws.
Accounting Supervisor Requirements
- Proven team management experience.
- Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting.
- Ability to use accounting and database software such as MS-Office.
Using Your Template
Follow these instructions to use your new job description template
- Step one: Fill out all details in your job description template using the provided sample on this page.
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your workplace. Be sure to speak with team members and managers to gauge what's required of the position.
- Step three: When the census of the team has agreed on the description of the work, add in a Equal Employment Opportunity statement to the bottom of your job description.
- Step four: Check with your legal department, management team, and other team members to ensure the job description looks correct before creating a job advertisement. Choose a job board that's specific to your needs.
Related Hiring ResourcesAccounting Supervisor Cover Letter Sample
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..