Accounts Payable Clerk Job Description
An accounts payable clerk plays a crucial role in a company's financial system. They allow the accounts payable department to run effectively by collecting and processing a company's invoices, billings, and expenses.
Accounts Payable Clerk Job Description Sample
We are looking for accounts payable clerks to bolster the efficiency of the accounts payable department. Applicants must have a thorough understanding of accounting practices. They must be proficient in maths and have superb organizational skills. Applicants must also be able to operate basic bookkeeping software and spreadsheets. Successful candidates will assist the accounts payable department by processing and reporting on invoices, statements, and expenses.
Accounts Payable Clerk Salary
An accounts payable clerk can earn anywhere from $31,000 to $52,000 annually. The median pay for accounts payable clerks is $39,000 annually. Information provided by U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Accounts Payable Clerk Skills
- Keen attention to detail.
- Organized and able to multitask.
- Adept at math and able to operate computer database technologies.
- Responsible and always striving for perfection.
Accounts Payable Clerk Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist the accounts payable department by executing essential bookkeeping tasks.
- Manage several accounting tasks simultaneously.
- Input data into spreadsheet software (usually in MS-Office Excel)
- Organize, track, and process company financial information.
- Ability to handle expense reports.
- Ability to manage and organize a general ledger.
- Handles all supplier invoices in a timely manner.
- Handles the receivable portion of the general accounting.
- Works closely with the finance department.
- Manages all incoming payments.
- Oversees the accounts receivable ledger along with the accounts payable ledger.
- Works closely along other accounting clerks.
- Manages the accounts receivable workflow.
- Manages all outbound payments and pending payments.
- Clears all vendor invoices.
- Knowledge of accounts payable specialist collaboration or duties is preferred.
- Understands how to manage and clear all financial records.
- Ensures payments have been recorded.
Accounts Payable Clerk Requirements
- Bachelor's degree or associate's degree in accounting or another related field of study.
- High school diploma preferred.
- Competent in mathematics and able to use bookkeeping computer software.
- Advanced knowledge of accounting skills is preferred.
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template
- Step 1: Replace the job duties and requirements based on information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Then post on a job board.
Top Job Boards
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..