Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Job Description
Acute care nurse practitioners (ACNPs) work with patients to gather information, diagnose health problems, and educate patients and their families about their health condition.
Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Job Description Sample
We are searching for acute care nurse practitioners to work alongside patients. Applicants must have a thorough knowledge of common medical conditions and treatments. Acute care nurse practitioners are expected to perform primary diagnosis on patients, answer questions the patient or their family may have about their health, and advise doctors about their patient's medical conditions. ACNPs must behave professionally, be comfortable dealing with patients of various ages, cultures, and genders; and must have a thorough understanding of the laws governing medical practice.
Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Salary
Acute care nurse practitioners earn from $86,000 to $125,000 annually. The average yearly pay for ACNPs is $101,000.
Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Skills
- Ability to correctly diagnose and answer questions about medical conditions.
- Professional, gentle, and respectful demeanor when seeing patients.
- Adept in oral communication.
- Comfortable working with patients of various ages, genders, and cultural backgrounds.
Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform examinations and diagnosis of patients.
- Answer medical questions a patient or their family may have.
- Report to doctors about a patient's medical condition.
Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Requirements
- Master's degree or Doctorate in the medical field.
- Available and capable of working long or irregular hours/shifts.
- Able to perform physical tasks such as squatting or lifting.
- A state license to practice medicine.
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template:
- Step 1: Replace the job title, job brief, duties and requirements, and optional work environment sections based on the information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double-check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Proofread the job description. Then post on a job board.
Job Description Format
Follow the format below when writing a job description.
For more information on writing a job description, visit this resource.
Top Job Boards
Consider posting a job description or job advertisement (referred to as a "job ad") on one of the following national job boards:
Related Hiring ResourcesAcute Care Nurse Practitioner Cover Letter Sample
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..