Adjunct Professor Job Description
Adjunct professors are responsible for preparing and teaching lessons, and captivating students. They are employed on a part-time, contractual basis.
Adjunct Professor Job Description Sample
We are hiring adjunct professors to prepare and teach lessons in a variety of educational fields. Applicants must be self-motivated, outgoing, patient, and eager to educate students. Successful adjunct professors are knowledgeable in their area of expertise, and must be able to design and teach lessons independently, as well as explain complicated concepts. They must also be able to prepare students for assessments and evaluate their performance. Adjunct professors must be willing to go the extra mile to help students succeed by providing extra help or similar services.
Adjunct Professor Salary
Adjunct professors can earn from $14,000 to $75,000 annually. The average yearly pay is $34,000.
Adjunct Professor Skills
- Outgoing, engaging, and passionate about educating students.
- Patient and tolerant when teaching students with a variety of attitudes and states of mind.
- Able to use educational technologies (computers, presentation software, etc.)
Adjunct Professor Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare students for examinations and evaluate their performance.
- Produce and execute lessons.
- Engage and interest students in the educational material.
- Assist students by providing extra help.
Adjunct Professor Requirements
- Master's degree or Doctorate in an academic field.
- Experience working as a teacher's assistant or in a similar position.
- Completed criminal reference check.
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template
- Step 1: Replace the job duties and requirements based on information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Then post on a job board.
Top Job Boards
Related Hiring ResourcesAdjunct Professor Cover Letter Sample
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..