Administrative Officer Job Description
Administrative officers are high ranking company officials that manage and oversee a vast range of company tasks, procedures, and departments. Administrative officers communicate between departments and employees, coordinate internal operations, perform everyday administrative tasks, and carry out long-term planning.
Administrative Officer Job Description Sample
We are seeking an administrative officer to perform and supervise essential administrative tasks within the company. Applicants will be expected to execute administrative procedures, organize and coordinate company operations, act as a point of communication between various company departments, and complete long-term organizational planning. Successful administrative officers are also responsible for reporting to senior company executives and collaborating with them to optimize the business' efficiency.
Administrative Officer Salary
An administrative officer's salary ranges from $38,000 to $115,000. The average pay for an administrative officer is $65,000 per year.
Administrative Officer Skills
- Organized and able to multitask.
- Proficient in utilizing administrative software.
- Trustworthy, professional, and reliable leader.
- A perfectionist with exceptional attention to detail.
- Able to report to and collaborate with company executives.
- A skilled and clear communicator.
Administrative Officer Duties & Responsibilities
- Execute administrative procedures within the company.
- Manage workers and administrative tasks.
- Collaborate with company executives to devise efficient business strategies.
- Communicate between and coordinate multiple departments.
Administrative Officer Requirements
- High school diploma, GED, or a bachelor's degree in a related business field.
- Experience working in administrative positions.
- Ability to use an administrative computer software in MS-Office (spreadsheets, word processing, etc.)
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template:
- Step 1: Replace the job title, job brief, duties and requirements, and optional work environment sections based on the information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double-check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Proofread the job description. Then post on a job board.
Job Description Format
Follow the format below when writing a job description.
For more information on writing a job description, visit this resource.
Top Job Boards
Consider posting a job description or job advertisement (referred to as a "job ad") on one of the following national job boards:
Related Hiring ResourcesAdministrative Officer Cover Letter Sample
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..