Admissions Counselor Job Description
Admissions counselors are responsible for assisting high school and college students with their academic admissions. Admissions counselors are tasked with booking school or campus tours, handling relevant paperwork, interviewing and evaluating students, and attending recruiting or school showcase events.
Admissions Counselor Job Description Sample
We are seeking committed and driven admissions counselors to assist students with their academic journey. Candidates will be responsible for collaborating with high school and college students to create a school admission plan, interviewing students and finding out about their goals, and evaluating whether a student is a good fit for an academy. A successful admissions counselor is also responsible for attending school networking and showcase events and reaching out to students who are interested in the academic institution.
Admissions Counselor Salary
Salaries for admissions counselors range from $30,000 to $50,000; with the average admissions counselor's salary being $37,000.
Admissions Counselor Skills
- Outstanding multitasking ability when counseling multiple students.
- Responsible and focused when filling out and submitting paperwork.
- Calm and patient demeanor when working with students of various educational and personal backgrounds.
- Extensive knowledge of academic admissions procedures.
Admissions Counselor Duties & Responsibilities
- Consult students about their academic futures.
- Learn about student's goals through interviews and evaluate them as possible candidates for the institution.
- Fill out and process crucial admissions paperwork.
- Attend academic networking events.
Admissions Counselor Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in education.
- Work experience in an academic administration or counseling position.
Using Your Template
Follow these instructions to use your new job description template
- Step one: Fill out all details in your job description template using the provided sample on this page.
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your workplace. Be sure to speak with team members and managers to gauge what's required of the position.
- Step three: When the census of the team has agreed on the description of the work, add in a Equal Employment Opportunity statement to the bottom of your job description.
- Step four: Check with your legal department, management team, and other team members to ensure the job description looks correct before creating a job advertisement. Choose a job board that's specific to your needs.
Related Hiring ResourcesAdmissions Counselor Cover Letter Sample
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..