Admissions Director Job Description
Admissions directors are the driving force behind post-secondary academic institution admissions. They manage the admissions team to ensure that the department runs smoothly, and all significant tasks and paperwork filings are being performed correctly.
Admissions Director Job Description Sample
We are looking to hire an admissions director to lead the admissions department at an academic institution. Applicants will be tasked with managing and supervising other admissions employees and ensuring a high standard of work. Admissions directors must be influential leaders and have an extensive understanding of the school admissions process. Successful applicants will also be responsible for performing essential admissions and administrative tasks such as filing paperwork, leading department meetings, meeting with students, and assisting with the academic institution's branding and marketing.
Admissions Director Salary
Admissions director pay ranges from $40,000 to $89,000 yearly. The average salary is $59,000.
Admissions Director Skills
- Exemplary work ethic and leadership skills.
- Adept at multitasking and supervising multiple employees or projects.
- Outstanding oral and written communication abilities.
- Extensive knowledge of academic admissions procedures.
Admissions Director Duties & Responsibilities
- Supervise members of the admissions department.
- Fill out and file important academic and admissions paperwork.
- Assist in creating the institution's marketing plan.
- Meet and interact with new and potential students.
- Attend various academic events.
Admissions Director Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or a related business field.
- Proven work experience in a management, marketing, or leadership position.
Using Your Template
Follow these instructions to use your new job description template
- Step one: Fill out all details in your job description template using the provided sample on this page.
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your workplace. Be sure to speak with team members and managers to gauge what's required of the position.
- Step three: When the census of the team has agreed on the description of the work, add in a Equal Employment Opportunity statement to the bottom of your job description.
- Step four: Check with your legal department, management team, and other team members to ensure the job description looks correct before creating a job advertisement. Choose a job board that's specific to your needs.
Related Hiring ResourcesAdmissions Director Cover Letter Sample
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..