Advertising Sales Representative Job Description
Advertising sales representatives are responsible for selling a media company's advertising space as a means of generating revenue. Advertising sales representatives approach other brands and companies, offering them the opportunity to purchase advertising real-estate such as air time, billboard space, or an area on a newspaper page.
Advertising Sales Representative Job Description Sample
We're looking to hire advertising sales representatives to help drive our company's advertising revenue. Applicants will be expected to reach out to business leads via phone or email to build an interest in advertising with the company. Successful advertising sales representatives are also responsible for scheduling meetings with the executives of other companies and closing advertising sales.
Advertising Sales Representative Salary
Advertising sales representative wages range from $23,000 to $67,000 yearly. The average salary is $39,000. Advertising sales representatives also commonly work for commission where they earn a percentage of their sales revenue.
Advertising Sales Representative Skills
- Self-motivated and persevering in the face of adversity and rejection.
- Quick-witted and analytical thinker.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Outstanding ability to perform under pressure.
- Thorough knowledge of effective sales techniques.
Advertising Sales Representative Duties & Responsibilities
- Make cold-calls and cold-emails to establish sales leads.
- Set appointments and follow up on prospects.
- Have a thorough knowledge of the product and deals being offered.
Advertising Sales Representative Requirements
- High school diploma or GED (experience valued over a college degree).
- Proven experience working in a similar sales or marketing position.
Using Your Template
Follow these instructions to use your new job description template
- Step one: Fill out all details in your job description template using the provided sample on this page.
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your workplace. Be sure to speak with team members and managers to gauge what's required of the position.
- Step three: When the census of the team has agreed on the description of the work, add in a Equal Employment Opportunity statement to the bottom of your job description.
- Step four: Check with your legal department, management team, and other team members to ensure the job description looks correct before creating a job advertisement. Choose a job board that's specific to your needs.
Related Hiring ResourcesAdvertising Sales Representative Cover Letter Sample
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..