Air Traffic Controller Job Description
Air traffic controllers are tasked with directing and overseeing aircraft traffic both in the air and on the ground. Air traffic controllers work at airports, aerodromes, and air bases to ensure the smooth operation of a designated airspace.
Air Traffic Controller Job Description Sample
We are hiring focused and committed air traffic controllers to command aircraft traffic in and around airspace. Air traffic controllers are responsible for communicating with pilots and ground crews to coordinate and ensure the safety of aircraft and their passengers or cargo. Outstanding candidates must be able to work and perform exceptionally in high-pressure situations, be prepared to multitask and manage multiple aircraft, and have a thorough understanding of aircraft maneuvers, aerodrome markers, and aeronautical guidelines.
Air Traffic Controller Salary
Air traffic controllers can earn pay ranging from $42,000 to $149,000 per year. The average air traffic controller salary is $88,000.
Air Traffic Controller Skills
- Thrives and performs under pressure.
- Clear and sharp oral communicator.
- Exceptional ability to multitask by communicating with and directing multiple aircraft.
- Thorough understanding of aerospace procedures and regulations.
Air Traffic Controller Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage multiple aircraft within an airspace.
- Direct air and ground aircraft traffic.
- Communicate with pilots and ground crews to ensure aircraft and personnel safety.
Air Traffic Controller Requirements
- Air traffic controller certification.
- Knowledge of operation of radar and communications systems.
- Pass physical performance exam and drug tests.
Using Your Template
Follow these instructions to use your new job description template
- Step one: Fill out all details in your job description template using the provided sample on this page.
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your workplace. Be sure to speak with team members and managers to gauge what's required of the position.
- Step three: When the census of the team has agreed on the description of the work, add in a Equal Employment Opportunity statement to the bottom of your job description.
- Step four: Check with your legal department, management team, and other team members to ensure the job description looks correct before creating a job advertisement. Choose a job board that's specific to your needs.
Related Hiring ResourcesAir Traffic Controller Cover Letter Sample
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..