Animal Breeder Job Description
Animal Breeders are responsible for selecting suitable breeding stock (animals which will be allowed to produce offspring) that will yield genetically superior animals for work, show, consumption, or sports performance.
Animal Breeder Job Description Sample
We are seeking an experienced and skilled animal breeder to inspect animals and select breeding stock. Animal breeders must have the skills and knowledge to assess the animal's health conditions and genetics; and use such information to choose the best breeding stock. Applicants are also responsible for assisting with artificial insemination, helping animals during birth, and caring for young or newborn offspring.
Animal Breeder Salary
Animal breeders earn from $20,000 to $118,000 a year. The average yearly pay for animal breeders is $42,000.
Animal Breeder Skills
- Skilled at analyzing an animal's health conditions.
- Careful planner and capable of thinking years into the future.
- Good at interacting with and caring for animals.
- Empathetic and passionate about helping others.
Animal Breeder Duties & Responsibilities
- Inspect and analyze an animal's health condition and genetics to decide whether or not it is suitable as breeding stock.
- Administer artificial insemination and assist with animal births.
- Care for young and newborn animals.
Animal Breeder Requirements
- High school diploma or a degree in animal breeding or biology (experience more important than a degree).
- Five years of experience working alongside and caring for animals.
- Thorough understanding of animal reproduction and genetic science.
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template:
- Step 1: Replace the job title, job brief, duties and requirements, and optional work environment sections based on the information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double-check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Proofread the job description. Then post on a job board.
Job Description Format
Follow the format below when writing a job description.
For more information on writing a job description, visit this resource.
Top Job Boards
Consider posting a job description or job advertisement (referred to as a "job ad") on one of the following national job boards:
Related Hiring ResourcesAnimal Breeder Cover Letter Sample
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
An ice breaker question is a question that’s asked from one person to another person in order to act as a conversation starter. It brings a connection...
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..