Animal Trainer Job Description
Animal trainers use various methods to train animals to perform tasks. By training animals, animal trainers prepare animals to perform actions when prompted, such as fetching objects, detecting narcotics, assisting people with disabilities, and protecting property.
Animal Trainer Job Description Sample
We are looking for enthusiastic and committed animal trainers to work with and train a wide variety of animals. Candidates will be responsible for using a variety of conventional conditioning techniques to train animals. They will be tasked with teaching animals to respond to audible and visual cues such as commands and actions. Applicants are also responsible for working with animals to correct improper behaviors and replace them with positive habits.
Animal Trainer Salary
Animal Trainers earn from $20,000 to $118,000 a year. The average yearly pay for Animal Trainers is $42,000.
Animal Trainer Skills
- Skilled at interacting with and befriending animals.
- Patient and capable of performing repetitive tasks.
- Calm and collected when dealing with misbehaving or frustrated animals.
Animal Trainer Duties & Responsibilities
- Use a variety of training techniques to alter animal behavior and make them obey and respond to commands.
- Analyze animal behaviors and improvise training methods when tasked with training a problematic animal.
Animal Trainer Requirements
- High school diploma or GED.
- Fundamental understanding of animal behavior and conditioning techniques.
- Ability to perform physical tasks such as running, pulling, pushing, crouching, and jumping.
Using Your Template
Follow these instructions to use your new job description template
- Step one: Fill out all details in your job description template using the provided sample on this page.
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your workplace. Be sure to speak with team members and managers to gauge what's required of the position.
- Step three: When the census of the team has agreed on the description of the work, add in a Equal Employment Opportunity statement to the bottom of your job description.
- Step four: Check with your legal department, management team, and other team members to ensure the job description looks correct before creating a job advertisement. Choose a job board that's specific to your needs.
Related Hiring ResourcesAnimal Trainer Cover Letter Sample
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..