Anthropologist Job Description
Anthropologists specialize in the study of bones and other human remnants such as pottery, weapons, and languages. They use their skills to gain an understanding of human history and ancient societies or to investigate crime scenes as part of a forensics team.
Anthropologist Job Description Sample
We are looking for skilled and experienced anthropologists to study and examine human remains in order to gain a better understanding of past events and circumstances. Anthropologists can work in a variety of fields such as academically as professors, in the public service as societal researchers, or in crime scene investigation and forensic teams. Applicants must have a thorough understanding of human development, physiology, and cultures. Depending on the field of work, anthropologists may also be required to know ancient customs, traditions, and languages.
Anthropologists can earn from $30,000 to $61,000 a year. The average anthropologist's salary is $35,000.
- Able to work in a team and as an individual.
- Able to use scientific technologies such as microscopes, mass spectrometers, etc.
- A keen eye for details and irregularities.
Anthropologist Duties & Responsibilities
- Analyze human physical and societal remains.
- Adapt the knowledge of languages and customs to gain a better understanding of human lives and societies.
- Examine and evaluate human body remains.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in anthropology.
- Experience in forensic sciences if working in the crime scene investigation field.
Using Your Template
Follow these instructions to use your new job description template
- Step one: Fill out all details in your job description template using the provided sample on this page.
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your workplace. Be sure to speak with team members and managers to gauge what's required of the position.
- Step three: When the census of the team has agreed on the description of the work, add in a Equal Employment Opportunity statement to the bottom of your job description.
- Step four: Check with your legal department, management team, and other team members to ensure the job description looks correct before creating a job advertisement. Choose a job board that's specific to your needs.
Related Hiring ResourcesAnthropologist Cover Letter Sample
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..