Apartment Maintenance Technician Job Description
Apartment maintenance technicians are responsible for managing repairs and maintenance operations in apartment buildings. They use a variety of tools and repair techniques to ensure that apartment buildings and rooms are kept in good condition.
Apartment Maintenance Technician Job Description Sample
We are hiring responsible and skilled apartment maintenance technicians to coordinate and carry out maintenance projects in apartment buildings. Apartment maintenance technicians use a variety of tools and materials, including hammers, drills, PVC, and pipes, to carry out repairs projects. Applicants must also be able to assess maintenance issues that are beyond their ability to repair and contact their superiors or the appropriate repair specialists. Apartment maintenance technicians are expected to be on-call and ready to respond to maintenance emergencies on a 24-hour basis.
Apartment Maintenance Technician Salary
Apartment maintenance technicians earn between $25,000 to $56,000 a year. Their average salary is $37,000.
Apartment Maintenance Technician Skills
- Organized and able to multitask.
- Able to work and problem-solve independently.
- Skilled with a variety of repair tools, materials, and techniques.
- A careful eye for detail.
Apartment Maintenance Technician Duties & Responsibilities
- Evaluate and repair apartment maintenance issues.
- Update employers and landlords on the state of maintenance in an apartment building.
- Contact maintenance and repair specialists in situations requiring expert assistance.
Apartment Maintenance Technician Requirements
- High school diploma or GED.
- Experience in facilities maintenance, repairs, or a related field such as construction or carpentry.
- Ability to perform physical tasks like lifting, crouching, or climbing ladders.
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template:
- Step 1: Replace the job title, job brief, duties and requirements, and optional work environment sections based on the information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double-check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Proofread the job description. Then post on a job board.
Job Description Format
Follow the format below when writing a job description.
For more information on writing a job description, visit this resource.
Top Job Boards
Consider posting a job description or job advertisement (referred to as a "job ad") on one of the following national job boards:
Related Hiring ResourcesApartment Maintenance Technician Cover Letter Sample
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..