Apprentice Job Description
Apprentices are new members of the workforce that work under a more experienced tradesperson to acquire skills and knowledge about a specific field. Apprentices commonly work under electricians, plumbers, and automobile mechanics.
Apprentice Job Description Sample
We are seeking apprentices who are driven and passionate about a future in the trades industry. Apprentices will be expected to assist senior tradespeople, manage basic tasks relating to the field of study, and perform fundamental maintenance tasks such as cleaning work areas and tools. A successful candidate is observant and learns from the actions and duties performed by their superior. Furthermore, they are always looking for educational opportunities on the job.
Apprentices earn from $20,000 to $60,000 per year. The average salary for an apprentice is $35,000.
- Observant and skilled at learning tasks and processes.
- Organized and able to multitask.
- Able to concentrate and maintain focus when performing duties.
- Patient and capable of performing repetitive tasks.
- Able to self-analyze and receive criticism.
Apprentice Duties & Responsibilities
- Use hand and power tools to complete tasks.
- Clean up and maintain workspaces.
- Take on basic and intermediate tasks while being supervised by a senior tradesperson.
- Gain skills and experience on the worksite with real-life cases.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Physically able to perform tasks like crawling, squatting, climbing ladders, and lifting.
- Possess a driver's license.
- Workplace safety certifications if applicable (WHMIS, Working at Heights, etc.)
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template
- Step 1: Replace the job duties and requirements based on information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Then post on a job board.
Top Job Boards
Related Hiring ResourcesApprentice Cover Letter Sample
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..