Arborist Job Description
Arborists are responsible for managing and controlling woodlots. They use their knowledge of trees and the environment to ensure that tree trimming and removal does not cause harm to the ecosystem.
Arborist Job Description Sample
We are looking to hire arborists to manage woodlots and areas of supervision. Arborists trim, hedge, remove, and plant trees in order to keep the environment healthy while performing large-scale landscaping duties. Outstanding applicants must have a thorough understanding of the surrounding natural environment, and the role trees and vegetation play in stabilizing its ecosystems. Furthermore, arborists must be able to design parks, as well as other venues, and perform routine landscaping tasks.
Arborists earn from $32,000 to $73,000 per year. The average salary for an arborist is $48,000.
- Thorough understanding of the correlation between tree-life and the environment.
- Organized and able to multitask by managing and completing multiple duties.
- Excellent verbal communicator.
Arborist Duties & Responsibilities
- Design parks and public areas.
- Operate hand tools and power tools to hedge, trim, and cut down trees.
- Plant trees and perform other standardized landscaping tasks.
- Bachelor's degree or completed apprenticeship in forestry or a related field.
- Certified and licensed to work as an arborist.
- Three years of experience working in arboriculture or a related field.
Using Your Template
Follow these instructions to use your new job description template
- Step one: Fill out all details in your job description template using the provided sample on this page.
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your workplace. Be sure to speak with team members and managers to gauge what's required of the position.
- Step three: When the census of the team has agreed on the description of the work, add in a Equal Employment Opportunity statement to the bottom of your job description.
- Step four: Check with your legal department, management team, and other team members to ensure the job description looks correct before creating a job advertisement. Choose a job board that's specific to your needs.
Related Hiring ResourcesArborist Cover Letter Sample
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..